How to Make a Crochet Hat
From an expert’s approach, a crochet is the method use to produce a fabricated product from long threads and yarns. Crochet is simply derived from the French word “croche” which means to make a hook or loop. It is always associated when it comes to stitches, thread, and creating patterns of fabric materials from creating a slipknot on the hook. The process of pulling another knot on the hook to the second loop and repeating the process continuously to make a chain of stitches is called a crochet. The way the chains of stitches are made must be in rows or they are combined from a step-by-step chain connection in rounds of creating a crochet. A single loop of crochet can also be created depending on the rounds that were used in the chain of stitches. The stitches are made in the process of pulling multiple loops in the center of another loop of the chain. This process explains why the crochet pattern differentiates from a knitted fabric material where the crochet pattern is made entirely on chains of loops and single hook stitches that will leave a free space on the ends of the thread and pulling it on the last loop of the pattern. To create different crochet products like a crochet hat, he must consider the use of different supply materials to come up with a crochet made hat. A yarn is very important supply to create a crochet hat. He may consider the use of different colors and textures in creating the design he would like to have in a crochet hat. Almost all yarn outlines need to have specific types of yarns. The types of yarns, which are commonly used in crochet, include sport or baby yarn, chunky yarn, bulky yarn, baby or fingering yarn, and the worsted weight yarn. These yarns vary in their textures and thickness. The fingering or baby type of yarn should be the best yarn to create a crochet hat. It has the finest number of strands in its ply. Although most yarns are made of natural fibers or synthetic strands, they can also be combined to make yarns acrylic, which are most convenient for people wash and wear these kinds of crochet hats and other crochet products. Another tool needed to create a crochet hat is the crochet hook. It is used to slip the knot on the ends by pulling the loops of the thread and sliding them through the crochet stitches. They come in wood, plastic, or aluminum, where they are more popular and commonly known. Sometimes they serve as size markings to some patterns that may involve lettering designs. Those big crochet hooks are 19 millimeters while the small ones are 2.25 millimeters. Some crochet hats with larger patterns may need larger crochet hooks that may come in sizes of 6 inches. Another supply that he may need is the knitting needles. They are commonly straight and very thin. They are also made of wood, plastic, and aluminum. He may find knitting needles with different sizes as well. They range from 2 millimeters as the smallest and the sizes 15 millimeters as the largest. He may buy these tools in pairs where they feature a knob and a pointed end to the needles that help prevent any stitches from loosening and sliding out from their place. Now he may start choosing what type of crochet hat he would like to create. He may have the option of different types of hats such as:
1. Crocheted plastic bag hat, which are designed to have a variety of colors with highlighted letterings on the outline.
2. He may also want to create a Brimmed straw hat, which is mostly made of cotton.
3. Creative preemie hats, which are made of large designs of preemie. He can make a smaller version by lessening the number of double crochet on the first rows. It may depend on the patterned yarn that is used for this hat.
4. Pompom hats are mostly made of 100 percent wool, which is outlined on a one crochet hook.
5. Amish hat is made of 100 percent wool yarn, and the ruffled hat which is also pretty and can be made if it is crocheted. The supplies and tools are very essential in making these different crochet hats. The texture and the way he had made the crochet hat would result to a better design no matter what kind of crochet hat he would like to create.
Thrill, Motivate, Organise, Design Articles
Thrill, Motivate, Organise, Design Books
Thrill, Motivate, Organise, Design