Learning To Crochet A Hat
Crocheting is one very popular hobby, creating economical, functional, fashionable and fun pieces to make. The crochet patterns of today are more inspiring and interesting than before, providing excitement when working with fibers and different colors. For all of these, enjoy learning and studying the wonderful art of “crocheting”. Here are more reasons why you would want to learn crochet:
1. Most individuals who are into this hobby finds working with yarns of different textures and colors enjoyable.
2. Most say that this hobby is very calming.
3. One can make sweaters, hats, scarf and other accessories for oneself.
4. It is a social and fun activity to do with and family and friends.
5. One can take it along anywhere at anytime.
6. It maximizes one’s idle time.
7. It provides one with a sense of achievement when she completes a project.
8. It is an inexpensive hobby and one can make gifts out of the many thing one can create in crochet.
9. One can express oneself, invent designs and make patterns. Starting your crochet hobby: One could start crocheting with any type of yarn for knitting, making certain that the yarn and size of the hook are well matched. To start, one needs to purchase some yarn and a needle, recommended size for beginners are H, G, or I size hooks as smaller hook sizes are much harder to handle. Crochet hooks comes in different materials and sizes. Steel hooks for crochet are normally used with fine threads and doilies usually are available in sizes 00 up to 16, whereby the higher is the number, the smaller is the hook. The hooks for yarns are identified with letters starting from B up to Q, whereby B is the smallest and Q is the largest. Purchase one dark colored and one lighter colored yarn so you can see your progress and “how you are doing” with the stitches; buy an ordinary yarn, preferably not wool or chenille as again, they are harder to work with. When buying a yarn, test its strength by rubbing yard strands between your thumb and index finger. When it unravels a lot, never purchase it and test another one until you feel each type of yarn’s differences and the one that does not unravels are best. Buy a yarn more than what the pattern asked for, as there is the possibility that you will run out of yarn and that particular type can not be ordered anymore, or is out of stock. Here are crochet basics for making a hat: You will need the following: • “Worsted-weight yarn”, of any color or a combination of colors • Crochet hook, size G • Yarn needle having a big eye • Small scissors How to start: 1: With your right hand, hold the “crochet hook in” and then create a “slip knot on hook”. 2: Carry the yarn over with the hook starting from the back going to the front and then take it with the hook. 3: Draw the hooked yarn through with a “slip knot” and onto the hook, making this one “chain stitch”. 4. Repeat in sequence steps two and three for 28 times; take note that you must create “29 chain stitches” and a loop will stay on hook. 5. The “first chain stitch” should be skipped. 6. Insert the hook to the center of the next “chain stitch”. Draw the yarn past through the “chain stitch” and work up to the hook; this results in two “loops on hook”. 7. Bring the “yarn over hook” starting from the back to the front, and pull it through “both loops on hook”. Note that there should be one loop that remains or stays on the hook; this is now one “single crochet stitch”. 8. In every remaining twenty seven chains, repeat steps six and seven, making certain you “work in the very last chain”. Now you have completed one line of “single crochet”. 9. Measure your piece, as it must be approximately 7 inches wide. When it is overly wide, try once more with less beginning chains. When overly narrow, try once more with by adding beginning chains.
Thrill, Motivate, Organise, Design Articles
Thrill, Motivate, Organise, Design Books
Thrill, Motivate, Organise, Design